Who are Bionic’s business energy suppliers?
At Bionic, we understand that every business is unique and has different needs when it comes to gas and electricity contracts - even two businesses that appear similar on the surface can have very different energy demands once you dig a little deeper.
This means that the best energy supplier for one business might not quite fit the bill for another, and the best energy suppliers for small business might not be able to handle the demands of energy-intensive, high consumption companies.
That’s why we arm all our tech-enabled experts with the latest smart data and compare deals from a panel of trusted business energy suppliers - we want to make sure your business gets a reliable supply and great service alongside the best gas and electricity rates.
Here’s more on Bionic’s business energy suppliers.
Why does Bionic work with a panel of gas and electric suppliers for business?
Although saving money is often the main motivation when switching business energy, it’s important to find a reliable provider who can meet the needs and demands of your business. That’s why we work with a panel of trusted suppliers who can offer the complete package of excellent service, supply and rates.
And by working closely with these suppliers, we can even negotiate exclusive rates on behalf of your business. This means we can find great deals whether you’re comparing small business energy suppliers or industrial energy suppliers - no business is too large or small for our team of tech-enabled experts.
Who are the best energy suppliers for business?
We believe the best commercial energy suppliers are the ones we have on our panel, which range from ‘big six’ providers to smaller independent and specialist suppliers.
When you compare business electricity and gas deals with Bionic, we’ll look at what’s on offer from the following suppliers and many more, depending on the size, circumstances and needs of your business:
- BG Lite – Part of the Centrica family, the parent company of British Gas, BG Lite a fixed price gas and electricity service for small businesses. Low prices, online account management and an electricity smart meter at no extra cost are all features of this plan.
- BG Plus – A Centrica brand, BG Plus offers fixed price electricity deals for high consumption businesses that use half-hourly metering. This plan allows instant access to your meter consumption data to help forecast and manage your energy bills.
- BG Core – Part of Centrica, the UK’s biggest energy company, BG Core could be a good option if you prefer an account that’s not managed online, as it comes with paper billing or e-billing, along with a dedicated phone line for customer services.
- CNG - One of the nation’s major business gas suppliers - and the largest independent shipper of gas in the UK - CNG offers competitive rates with efficient customer service. CNG are also switching a growing number of customers to automated meter reading (AMR) for accurate bills without the hassle of providing regular readings.
- Crown - The energy and utility division of Crown Oil Group, Crown Energy has more than 25 years’ experience in the installation and connection of gas, electricity, and water to homes, businesses, the public sector and construction industry. Potentially a good option if you want all your business utilities provided by the same supplier. Crown is also one of the few suppliers offering ‘green gas’ as either 100%, 50% or 25% biomethane. This is generally only available to large businesses, so might not be available to you if you run a SME.
- EDF - Another of the ‘big six’ and one of the largest UK business energy suppliers, EDF has the capacity to serve businesses of all sizes, as well as those that operate across a number of locations and need multi-site metering.
- Gazprom - The world’s leading gas supplier - it holds 16% of global gas reserves and 71% of Russian gas reserves - Gazprom has over a decade’s experience of providing business gas and electricity. Another big name commercial energy supplier, Gazprom provides automated meter reading and future-proof business contracts.
- Octopus Energy - One of UK’s fastest-growing energy suppliers, Octopus could be an option if you’re looking for an energy supplier outside of the big six, but still want assurances of a quality service and great rates. All Octopus business energy deals offer 100% renewable electricity, and the supplier also offers gas and water for all your utilities on one bill.
- Opus Energy - Another big name in business energy, Opus Energy supplies gas and electricity to businesses across the UK. Its electricity supply is generated from renewable sources including wind, solar, hydro, and anaerobic digestion generators, and Opus also provides support to develop energy-generating sites.
- SSE - One of the big six domestic and business energy suppliers, SSE offers easy-to-manage business energy deals for SMEs and sole traders alongside large business energy solutions, including energy management for the public sector, corporates and consortiums.
- Scottish Power - Another of the UK’s big six energy suppliers, Scottish Power offers energy deals for businesses of all sizes and promotes online account management, either via an online portal or smartphone app, along with automated meter reading to help your business save both time and money.
- Total Gas & Power - With more than 30 years’ industry experience, Total Gas & Power is part of Total, one of the world’s leading oil and gas companies and a major player in low-carbon energies. It currently supplies more than 200,000 sites across the UK and offers products to meet the demands of your business, whether large or small.
If you operate a large, energy intensive business, we can also compare rates from the following suppliers - give our energy experts a call on 0800 787 0067 for more information:
Why compare business energy suppliers?
The type of business you run has a big impact on the amount of energy you use and the rates you pay for gas and electricity. But it’s not the only thing you need to consider, as being on an unsuitable energy deal can see you unnecessarily throwing away hundreds of pounds a year.
If you’ve never run a business energy comparison or you’ve let an existing contract run down, your supplier will have placed you on its more expensive out of contract rates. If you’ve moved into a new premises without arranging an energy deal, your supplier will put you on deemed rates, which will be among its most expensive. In either case, comparing business energy suppliers and switching to a better deal is the only way to make sure you're not overpaying for your power.
The tech-enabled experts at Bionic can find the right energy deal for you, whether you’re looking to compare cheap business electricity suppliers, the cheapest business gas suppliers, or want to move to a supplier that offers a better level of service.
Should you switch to a smaller business energy supplier?
When you switch business energy suppliers, you’ll need to decide whether you want to go with one of the long-established big six suppliers or opt for a challenger brand who might be relatively new to the industry.
But don’t let the supplier name put you off as the key to choosing which supplier to go with is whether or not the deal on offer meets your needs and expectations. And don’t assume a larger supplier will offer better levels of customer service, as some of the less well-known providers have better customer satisfaction scores than the big six.
Remember, although cost is important, you also need to consider the suitability of the supplier when you switch business gas suppliers or compare business electricity suppliers in the UK - suppliers provide bespoke deals depending upon the size and needs of your business, with different contract terms and levels of service. This means that while one supplier might be ideal for a small cafe, it might not be equipped to meet the needs of an industrial manufacturing unit.
This is why it pays to switch business energy with Bionic - we only work with trusted suppliers and our tech-enabled experts will use smart data and all their knowledge to make sure you’re on exactly the right type of energy deal with a suitable supplier.
How to run a business energy suppliers comparison with Bionic
To start a business energy comparison and switch to one of Bionic’s trusted panel of suppliers, just give us your postcode and our tech-enabled experts will use smart data to find an energy deal that suits the unique needs of your business.
We’ll then show you the deals on offer and you just then need to let us know which one you prefer and we’ll take care of the rest - letting your old and new suppliers about the switch to make sure the whole thing suns smoothly, on time and with no disruption.
We’ll even keep an eye on your contracts end dates to make sure you’re never rolled on to your supplier’s more expensive standard rates. To become a Bionic business, just go to Bionic.co.uk and give us your business name and postcode or give us a call on 0800 970 0077.