NIG business insurance and unoccupied premises during coronavirus
Last updated June 25, 2020
Now the government has started to lift some of the lockdown restrictions, you might be able to re-open your business. On the other hand, you could be among those business owners who are still unable to reopen, maybe because of personal circumstances or because of the industry you work in.
Whatever your current circumstances, please read the following information to make sure you know exactly where you stand regarding your current NIG insurance policy and highlight some of the conditions you need to be aware of.
Even if you’ve already re-opened and your policy cover remains unaffected, we recommend you read over the statement of fact provided when you bought your policy, to make you can comply with the policy terms and conditions.
Please contact us if:
If you are allowed to open your premises but have chosen not to, and your policy renewal is before the 5th August 2020 we will need to ask you some specific questions about your premises and how you will be managing the risks of unoccupancy. You don’t have to contact us if you’re shielding or for any of the other reasons detailed below.
You can contact us by either:
- Email us with the best number to reach you on at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone us on 0800 158 5263
You do not have to contact us if:
If you are not allowed to re-open due to government guidelines (gyms, nail bars, massage and tattoo parlours etc.), if you and your employees are shielding and cannot open, if you are open and trading as normal or if you can’t make the necessary social distancing changes to you premises or any other reasons associated with the pandemic, NIG will extend your unoccupancy cover until the 5th August 2020, provided you follow the below:
- Your premises are secured by putting all protective locking devices and any alarm protection into effective operation.
- Gas, water and electricity supplies at the mains are switched off (except electricity needed to maintain any fire or intruder alarm systems, or water and heating systems for fire sprinkler systems).
- You can visit the premises every seven days and carry out any work necessary immediately to maintain the security of the premises.
- You ensure that you remove all post, trade refuse and waste materials from the interior of the premises, allowing no accumulation of refuse or waste in the adjoining yards or spaces owned by the insured; and
- Ensure your policy is not due for renewal before 5th August 2020.
We hope you, your employees and your business stay safe, and should anything change regarding the information above, we’ll be in touch.
For updated government advice please see here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19.
Bionic Financial Services Limited. Registered in England & Wales Registered No: 07548195 Registered company address: 4th Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 7AG Bionic Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.